Popular Posts

Friday, February 25, 2011

working with teenage students

So I am a music teacher, and so far I love it, every time I have doubts my students are there to give me faith in what I do, they are great, everyone of them is special in his/her own way.

When I started teaching 5 months ago, teenagers were a problem to me, they are moody people, one day they like music the next day they just want to quit, they are naggers and they have the power to shout and run but not to learn and practice.

Well, I am proud to say I've come a long way, I like teaching them, teenagers are smart, and if you respect their minds, challenge them enough, and yet keep and maintain a relationship built on mutual respect you will be able to get wonders out of them.

Lessons I learned so far:

A quitter can become a leader if you find the right words to say, and the right attitude to use.
A smile in the beginning of the class always help.
Setting goals, and telling your students about them actually help them to work more.
Answer their questions no matter what they are, just teach them to choose the right time for every question.

These lessons I learned the hard way, but the important thing is that I learned them.

I love my job, and I love those kids, I am proud of every one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment