Popular Posts

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Bahjat Abu Gharbieh

yesterday I was introduced to a great man, only it was too late as it was after his memorial service.


Bahjat Abu Gharbieh, a man who spent most of his life fighting for his land, a man that lived through wars and battles in Palestine since 1933 and until 1949 , he even was there when the great leader Abd Al-Qader Al-Husseini was killed in the Kastal battle.


Mr. Bahjat died on the 26th of February this year and still some how we did not study about him, and no one ever mentioned him in front of me until two days ago, I even was not curious to know about him until yesterday night, and I consider my self a girl that reads and know Palestine's history very well.


I wish that one day my kids will study about people like Mr. Bahjat, miss Jameela Bu Heidar, and others, ones that are still alive today and ones that died defending our land.


I urge everyone to google بهجت أبو غربية and just be surprised by how much this man accomplished and yet never asked for anything in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment