Popular Posts

Sunday, March 11, 2012

young students and time!

When I was a student our band teacher gave us copybooks she called them "practice logs" we were asked to do 6 hours a week, surely I didn't like the idea at the beginning, I didn't like to be monitored, yes I enjoy goofing around with my instrument but no I don't like someone telling me what to do with it.

Last week we distributed these copy books to our students, asking for 6 to 8 hours every two weeks and they just flipped, there was no way to get them to be quiet or just to simply listen to us.

I was annoyed and angry that these students were saying they have no time, they have 24 hours but have no idea how to use them.

When I was their age I was in 3 bands playing two instruments, I was a computer addict, and a hungry reader, yet I don't remember using the term "I don't have time"

Please parents help us teach your kids how to manage their time to get successful men and women in the future, Jordan needs ambitious active citizens not lazy dependable ones.

Let's remember how we were raised and raise our kids that way, don't use the term "no time" in front of them, there is always time there are 24 hours a day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment